Thursday, August 26, 2010

Taking Woodstock [Blu-ray]



  • Aug 26, 2010 23:38:26



  • Brand : Universal Studios



  • Get Special Offer!



  • Product Overviews
  • A generation began in his backyard…From Academy Award®-winning director Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain) comes Taking Woodstock, the comedy inspired by the true story of Elliot Tiber (Demetri Martin) and his family, who inadvertently played a pivotal role in making the famed Woodstock Music and Arts Festival into the happening that it was. When Elliot hears that a neighboring town has pulled the permit on a hippie music festival, he calls the producers thinking he could drum up some much-needed business for his parents' run-down motel. Three weeks later, half a million people are on their way to his neighbor’s farm in White Lake, New York, and Elliot finds himself swept up in a generation-defining experience that would change his life–and American culture–forever.









  • Taking Woodstock [Blu-ray] Reviews By Customers
  • I happened to recently find this movie on my On Demand cable service. I had not ever heard of it.

    I'm a HUGE fan of 1969 WOODSTOCK, (have Collector's Edition of DVD). I have always felt I was born in the wrong era--I should have been there! (To me, there is really only ONE REAL Woodstock.)

    I knew some of the facts in the movie Taking Woodstock, but it was AWESOME to see it put together and done so WELL!

    I love the portrayal of Elliot, whom I perceived as the main character. I saw this as also a "coming of age" film, from his point of view. He was amazingly brilliant at such a young age and to make such excellent "business/promotion" decisions that had to be made under pressure.

    It is *totally* a "feel good" movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would love to own the DVD!

    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

    In my opinion, the best review here on Amazon about the movie is by James Lossing (it should be the top review) so be sure to read it!




    Where little perspectives were the minority - -
    I saw this movie by chance one evenning at home. What can I say, it is one of the best movies that I have ever seen!
    I highly recommend it!


  • Read Full Reviews!




  • Brilliant... - Stephen P. Frakes - Salem, Illinois /Cottonwood, AZ
    I love this movie. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have my own copy. I love how the movie shows the behind the scenes view of what took place to bring Woodstock to life. I think the actors were brilliant. All the different kinds of characters were great. If you were old enough to remember when Woodstock happened, you will want to see this film. If you weren't, you will want to see what the fuss was all about. There will never be another Woodstock. It was a one time thing. This movie makes it possible for all of us to experience a little part of it.


  • Read Full Reviews!





  • Visually Stunning - Todd and In Charge - Miami, FL
    There are so many wonderful and insightful reviews of this overlooked charmer there is little more to add.

    But I did want to emphasize the brilliant visual technique of Ang Lee and how well it works with the story and setting of the film.

    From the opening sequence, which features bright beautiful purple wildflowers, to the end (with hippie visionary Lang on a white horse, set against an open blue sky), Lee does a fabulous job creating visual cues for this singular coming of age story set against the backdrop of an epic cultural coming of age.

    I loved the split-screen, loved the colors of the clothing Demitri wears, the composition of the scenes of Woodstock at night, the psychedelics, the organic "feel" to this film -- it all works.

    Thanks for bringing this story so brilliantly to life!


  • Read Full Reviews!
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment