Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ouran High School Host Club: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]



  • Oct 19, 2010 11:02:39



  • Brand : Funimation



  • Get Special Offer!



  • Product Overviews
  • Now available for the first time in blu-ray!

    Ouran Academy: An institution of extravagance and prestige where learning is secondary to luxury. Haruhi began the year as an out of place scholarship student, but she's found new popularity as a member of the Host Club. Playing the part of a sensitive suitor and wooing the ladies of the school has become a full-time job. Of course, now that Tamaki and the other boys can no longer deny the charms of her girly side, life feels more like a storybook daydream.









  • Ouran High School Host Club: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] Reviews By Customers
  • Well the series lives up to its reputation. Its a great watch. I've seen both the Japanese and English dub and I must say that both of them rock. Vic Mignona's reputation proceeds him. Though I think Caitlin Glass's voice at times gets annoying its a great story. Greg Ayers (Kaoru) is amazing.
    A young genius has been accepted to the prestigious academy of Ouran where only the wealthy attend school. Haruhi is but a poor girl going to school on the merits of her brain, she dresses sloppily and is a real loner. But the one day seeking refuge she goes into a music room for peace and quite only to find the chaotic host club who attend to the lovely fantasies of young women at the school with their dashing looks. You have Tamaki, the romantic king. Kyoya, the cool type. Honey, the boy lolita type (who is second to the oldest surprisingly when he's so short). Mori the silent and stoic type. And Hikaru and Kaoru the mischievious types. Haruhi ends up breaking a vase that puts her in so much debt she is made to be the dog of the host club attending to their errands until they catch sight of her charms and decide to use her as a host as well... freaking out after they finally discover she's a girl. It is up to Haruhi to make sense in the chaos that is the host club and finish her debt. But will love find a way in the host club?
    The only thing I must say that's negative about the series is no darn kiss between our favorite couple nor the ending isn't like the book, then again the manga is yet to end.






    Seriously my favorite anime EVER! - Emily - Las Vegas, NV
    I usually hate anime. I'm the type of person that complains every time I see a book made into a movie, just because I don't think adaptations do justice to the original work. I'm a big fan of the manga, so I thought I'd give the anime a shot. I was extremely shocked when I began watching. This show is just as good as the manga. It follows the story line, with the addition/subtraction of some plot points and a different Ouran Fair plot. Each of the voice actors (in English and Japanese) do each character justice. The characters themselves are hilarious and diverse. The plot is entertaining. Don't let the pink covering fool you; this show isn't even that girly/shojo-y. The fact that I actually bought the series really says something, especially since I watched the whole series twice through a friend before buying it on Amazon (and I'm super duper frugal). Since buying it, I've watched all the episodes at least two more times, my favorites more. This really is a must have. If I could, I would give this series a higher rating.


  • Read Full Reviews!





  • Ouran High School Host Club - Jessica -
    I love Ouran High School Host Club. The anime is amazing. But it seemed to try for an ending quickly, as well and trying to be dramatic in the end. I think the graphic novel is better because it keeps going and is always funny.


  • Read Full Reviews!
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment