Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rocky Balboa [Blu-ray]



  • Oct 13, 2010 19:00:06



  • Brand : Sony



  • Get Special Offer!



  • Product Overviews
  • A FORMER HEAVYWEIGHT BOXING CHAMPION, KNOWN & RENOWN THROUGHOUT THE WORLD FOR GOING THE DISTANCE, ROCKY FINDS A NEW VENTURE: GIVING BACK TO HIS COMMUNITY. WHEN HE'S OFFERED A SHOT AT THE TITLE, IT'S ONE LAST HURRAH THAT ROCKY WILL NEVER FORGET.









  • Rocky Balboa [Blu-ray] Reviews By Customers
  • "I knew I would go through the embarrassment of hearing all the jokes about me. My wife begged me not to do it, and that's why I wrote a line . . . that I'd rather do something I love badly than to feel bad about not doing something I love." - Stallone on making "Rocky Balboa"

    I don't think a lot of people who thought Sly was too old to be doing another Rocky movie understood the big picture behind the story. Yes, he's too old to be boxing...but that's the plot of the movie. If you look at the trailer for this movie, it shows clips of various people telling Rocky he's crazy and way too old to be boxing the heavyweight champion of the world. The whole point of the story is that despite being much older, he still had the heart and determination to go the distance.

    A lot of people are also not aware that...(like the original Rocky)...."Rocky Balboa" was inspired by a true story. In 1995, a much, much older and overweight George Foremen stepped into the ring with twenty-something year Michael Moore...(no, not the director....I also find it interesting how no one remembers the boxer Michael Moore....).....anyhow, Moore was twenty years younger then Foremen and in much better shape and Foremen was actually going to take this guy on for the belt.

    I remember that fight.....I was 12-years old...and I remember EVERYONE....from Jay Leno, Conan O'Brian, David Letterman, the cast members on Saturday Night Live...heck even WWF wrestlers....litreally, everyone...was making fun of George Foremen...saying he was way too old to be boxing...that he was gonna get killed.....and despite all that mockery Foremen got....Foremen knocked Moore out in the tenth round and became heavyweight champion of the world. It gives me goosebumps just typing about it. That was a moment in boxing history and I am grateful that I was able to see it. Anyhow, the Foreman/Moore fight was when Sly first got the idea to bring a much older Rocky back into the ring for one more match.

    Rocky Balboa is like a member of my family because I grew up on the Rocky movies from birth on up and "Rocky Balboa", the movie was literally a fantasy film that came true for me. I had seen all the Rocky movies on VHS as a kid, but was too young to see them in the theater and when the 6th movie came out, I was so excited to see my first Rocky movie on the big screen in a fresh new story with an adult perspective.

    This movie does more then entertain me. It touches me on a personal level. Not only was this film a dream come true for me, but I was also an extra in it during the big fight scene at the end, and was able to be apart of the Rocky universe. To this day, I have never had more anticipation to see a movie. When I first saw it at the theate, I had the biggest smile on my face and was so excited as I heard the famous Rocky movie and saw the words "ROCKY BALBOA" scrolling across the screen. I was like a kid at Christmas morning. "Rocky Balboa" works fine as a stand-alone film, although I think it helps a little if you're already a fan. I think you are a lot more emotionally attached to the movie that way.

    This movie is actually too good. It's so good I find it hard to watch because it's sad knowing this is the final Rocky movie ever. This is my favorite movie of all time. If you love Rocky as much as me, then I believe you'll also love "Rocky Balboa".




    "Stallone's Great Rocky Finish!" - Gregorypwilson - Syracuse, NY USA
    Sylvester Stallone directs and stars in this 2006 drama.
    Italian Stallion, Rocky Balboa returns to the ring to fight
    a young heavyweight champion. Sly did a great job and
    he proved that even at 60, Rocky could still get back
    in the ring one last time. This dvd has nice picture
    and sound plus cool extras. Definitely get this.


  • Read Full Reviews!







  • Rocky. You Will Be Missed... - Phil E. Clinton - USA
    Like so few movie heroes I've grown up with since I was a kid, Rocky will be missed the most. This film was done in true Rocky form. With cast members like Burt Young, Tony Burton, and archive footage of the loyal and ever-steadfast wife to Rocky, Talia Shire. And of the lengendary and beloved Burgess Meredith, Mickey, and my heart warms as I think of Mickey as I think of my own grandfather who was just as hard on me.
    Rocky was a household name. And EVERYONE knew who Rocky Balboa and the Italian Stallion were. The same person. Legendary, unforgettable, and the utmost hero when you needed one.
    Thank you, Sylvester Stallone, for bringing us this Legendary Hero. Rocky. You Will Be Missed... But loved forever.


  • Read Full Reviews!
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment