Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Justice League: Season One [Blu-ray]



  • Jun 29, 2010 20:50:41



  • Brand : WARNER HOME VIDEO



  • Get Special Offer!



  • Product Overviews
  • Bluray Disc









  • Justice League: Season One [Blu-ray] Reviews By Customers
  • One: Everyone here complains about one thing. "Where is the WIDESCREEN", first off, I have watched the show since it first aired. The first season was aired in widescreen during the encore showing, but it changed nothing. I don't understand the problem, why widescreen? The product was produced in widescreen, but all they did was stretch the image a little, and cut off some of the upper and lower part of the screen. This is done in a lot of older movies that originally aired full screen. If you watch some of the older "made for TV" movies that were put into a DVD "widescreen", a lot of the picture is cut out. This would have been the case for this product. So, the widescreen argument with this release is worthless.

    Two: The picture quality is awesome, unfortunately, it also leads to problems. For instance something that was not drawn in a background pops in all of sudden. Like Batman's belt, and some other things that is no big deal when on regular TV broadcast, or DVD playback. This is only because the producers didn't draw it for a Blu-Ray Release. This should have been corrected before releasing this set and the only reason it loses a star. This however, does not kill the Blu-Ray, being it happens rarely, but it's noticeable at times.

    Three: The Sound is really good, I can't say too much because I don't have a High Standard sound system. I do have 5.1, and at least in my system it sounds good.

    Last but not least: The show itself is awesome. The characters are created well, and the voice acting is topnotch. I was going to buy the DVD sets when I got back from Afghanistan, but I saw the Blu-Ray release and purchased it before I went home on leave. I am glad I had waited, because this is truly the best way to see Justice League.
    I have a PS3, and a 42In 1080P Vizio. It runs well on this setup, I don't know why someone would have a problem, unless he/she has not read the instructions on his PS3 or TV. The Instructions for both systems are there for a reason!! Read them, so you can get the best playback.






    4.3 But looks very nice. - Daniel Ziko -
    I got this for my kids and they love it it is 4.3 but they dont mind and I dont. We watched it togetehr and it is a very nice show.


  • Read Full Reviews!





  • Only made better with Blu-ray - DCU Fan -
    I'll be honest. If you have the DVD release, then there isn't any need to get this. However, if you don't have it and have a blu-ray player or a PS3 then it's worth getting the Blu-ray if you find it decently priced. For me, the Blu-ray was only about more, which isn't bad considering it's a whole season. Animation generally benefits quite a bit from high definition, and the sound is good too. Finally, don't worry about the widescreen. The show was originally aired in the the old 4:3 style, and almost all shows that re-air something in widescreen will alter the images rather than redraw them. It's not a complaint by any means, it's just the way things are since it'd be too expensive and time consuming to go back and redo something like that.


  • Read Full Reviews!
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment